The Great Escape Game is an entertainment provider in the Escape Room Games market. With 13 different game rooms on offer, we provide a dynamic, immersive, fun and challenging experience to small teams of 2-8 adults of all ages. Our principle market is B2C, however after bringing in food & drink and function rooms in our sites, B2B is increasingly important growth area for us. Great Escape Game currently operates 3 sites (2 in Sheffield and 1 in Leeds), with a further site (in Bradford) in development, and several others – both within and outside the area – planned for 2018/19.
We require an Area Manager to oversee and improve the functioning of our Northern Area sites. Directly accountable to the two Directors of the company, you will use your skills, experience and initiative to ensure the Site Managers are running their sites effectively; are equipped with right skills, staff, tools, marketing, resources and systems; and are performing in line with financial performance and customer service expectations. You will also play a major part in the development and onboarding of new sites in the area.
This is an extremely exciting role with considerable responsibility, and involving significant travel. The right candidate will be able to make a big impact on this rapidly growing business.
• Line Management of Northern Area Site Managers.
• Overseeing and improving the financial performance of sites within the Area.
• Overseeing and improving Quality and Health & Safety Standards across the area.
• Overseeing and improving Customer Service ratings across the Area.
• Processing procurements and expenditure requests from Site Managers that exceed their authorised levels.
• Ensuring Marketing Strategy is co-ordinated and works for all sites in the area, including proposing Area or locale specific campaigns.
• Significant involvement in the development and on-boarding of new stores in the region.
• Assisting with recruitment of new Site Managers.
• Has own budget of £xxxxx (proposals for expenditure to be made to the Directors).
• Field and act upon concerns from site staff that cannot be shared with their Line
• Manager (e.g. whistle-blowing, harassment, financial irregularities).
• Disciplinaries and grievance procedures when necessary.
• Support Site Managers and act as their first port of call for matters arising.
• Carry out regular structured appraisal and performance reviews for Site Managers/ Supervisors.
• Ensure Site Managers are complying with Health & Safety policy.
• Carry out full site audits with a keen eye for detail, ensuring the customer journey and business is exceeding expectations.
• Arrange and conduct regular ‘mystery shopper’ style inspections, capturing customer service and other KPIs, acting on findings of concern arising from these inspections.
• Act as liaison person between Site Managers and Directors of the company.
• Implement and upkeep systems for capturing Site performance on financial, customer service and other quality measures.
• Provide regular structured reports to the Directors on the performance of the area sites, proposing your own ideas for solutions and improvements.
• Work with Marketing Team to ensure general strategy complements local and regional priorities.
• Work with Directors and construction/game development contractors to ensure smooth development of new sites.
• Play a role in the establishment of new sites, including setting up systems, processes, recruitment, and potentially temporary management of a new site.
• Contribute to the general development of the business, including possible participation in these and other areas:
• Development and implementation of Policies and Procedures.
• Development and implementation of Systems.
• Marketing Strategy.
• B2B Sales.
• Food and Drink.
We need our management team to be honest, authentic and transparent. It is essential that you build and maintain relationships with team members and external organisations alike. We want you to be able to manage our Oracles, Ninjas and Games Masters by empowering and encouraging them each day. You must be enthusiastic, innovative and passionate with a desire to succeed. It is imperative that our team look to you for inspiration and see you as a driving force. Being strategically minded with outstanding communication skills, is imperative to continuing our fun yet professional culture.
To apply, please email your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com