GAMES MASTER LEEDS (FULL TIME/PART TIME)
We are looking for a full time and part time employee to work in this fun and creative environment. Progression is available if you want it – we are a rapidly expanding business having just opened a new experience at the Royal Armouries.
WHO DO WE WANT?
As a Game Master at ‘THE GREAT ESCAPE’ you will be expected to competently complete the following tasks:
- Greet customers on arrival on an hourly basis. You will need to retain the same level of enthusiasm at the end of the day as when you started your day at The Great Escape.
- Introduce customers to the game and explain rules whilst stimulating anticipation of their experience.
- Observe each game and assist groups during the course of their experience in accordance with the game rules.
- Debrief customers on their experience and provide feedback on their performance.
- Take the customer’s photos and post to social media if approved or requested by the players.
YOU WILL BE EXPECTED TO:
- Reset the room after the customer experience is complete. This must be done thoroughly to ensure our customers enjoy the full experience of their room.
- Check, organise and maintain each room kit and all the supplies needed.
- Carry out any other necessary tasks assigned to you by the ‘The GREAT ESCAPE’ management team to ensure the smooth running of the rooms.
- Use your initiative to maximize the customer experience further.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL POSSESS THE FOLLOWING SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES:
- Ability to talk confidently and energetically in front of large groups of customers.
- Be highly organised and methodical to ensure the game is in place and ready for each group of gamers.
- Work as a part of a high paced team that works under pressure during busy periods. Once you are trained, you will be required to work independently.
- Have a strong character and willing to converse with anybody on their level.
- Be prepared to work hard whilst having fun.
- Be supportive to other team members. If you are prepared then you must look to assist your colleagues and promote a team approach.
- If there are any quiet spells, you must use your own initiative to fill time effectively.
- You must be able to get to Leeds town center with ease.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Send us a video*, along with an up to date CV! As The Great Escape Game is all about an experience, so confidence and personality is key!
- If your video is successful, you will then be invited in for an interview.
Please send us a brief (1-3 minutes) video telling us the following:
- Your name and your nickname (if you have one) and what it means.
- How your friends would describe you.
- What you are currently doing with your time.
- When you saw this job advertised, why did it appeal to you?
- What hours and days would you like to work?
- Have you played The Great Escape Game before? If you did, what was your experience like. If not, would you want to play and why?
- If you could choose a superpower, what would it be and why?
- Give us one of your life goals.
- Say goodbye as if you were talking to a team of people who had just played a game at The Great Escape.
- Upload your video to youtube and send us the private link (to avoid confusion with video formats)
If you make it to the interview, here you will get chance to meet the team that manage the business as well as some of the crew that run the games. Coming to meet us will give you a better idea of the location and just how the business runs on a day to day basis.If you are invited for interview, we would like you to bring a CV with you for us to keep on file and for future reference.We will do our very best to reply to every video sent in to let you know if you have been successful or not.
Apply by emailing email@example.com