The Great Escape Game is an award-winning, entertainment provider in the Escape Room Games market. With 13 different game rooms on offer and the introduction of a new, immersive cocktail experience; we provide a dynamic, fun and challenging experience from teams of 2 to 200 of all ages. Our principle market is B2C, however after bringing in food & drink and function rooms in our sites, B2B is increasingly important growth area for us. Great Escape Game currently operates 3 sites (2 in Sheffield and 1 in Leeds).
We require an Oracle (Manager) to oversee and improve the functioning of our Leeds site. Directly accountable to the Operations Directors of the company, you will use your skills, experience and initiative to ensure your site is running effectively; are equipped with right skills, staff, tools, marketing, resources and systems; and are performing in line with financial performance and customer service expectations.
We know that our people are key to the success of our business, for this role we require a dynamic self-starter who is an ambitious, confident and a conscientious individual that can provoke possibility in others and is capable of inspiring and driving our team. In addition to this you must be able to create opportunities to allow for the continued, rapid growth of the business.
This position is very much hands-on and involves leading our team from the front and by example. You must be able to evolve with the changing needs of the business – enforcing a fun, yet professional culture, that strives for excellence and exceeds targets. You will need to be a clear and effective communicator with strong organisational skills and an attention to detail. The ability to work under pressure is a must, to ensure the smooth and efficient running of each game and the ultimate guest experience.
• Overseeing bookings, whilst co-ordinating the team and allocating sufficient resource.
• Maintaining our quality service by enforcing quality and customer service standards; analyzing and resolving quality and customer service problems; identifying trends; recommending system improvements.
• Empower employees to takes responsibility for their jobs and goals. Delegating responsibility and expect accountability and regular feedback.
• Ensuring emails and social media, reviews and any other forms of communication are responded to promptly and professionally.
• Coordinating staffing rotas, staff briefings and breaks.
• Liaising with payroll department to ensure our team are paid correctly and on time.
• Ensuring insurance, legal, health and safety obligations are adhered to.
• Introduce and successfully implement any new systems.
• Develop and conduct regular team meetings to ensure the efficiency of business processes and procedures, whilst enhancing speed, quality, efficiency, and output.
• Producing detailed proposals for events (e.g. timelines, venues, suppliers, legal obligations, staffing and budgets);
• Scheduling and executing showcases for corporate events;
• Liaising with marketing and PR colleagues to promote any events;
• Discuss and recommend product lines by identifying new product opportunities, packaging and service changes; surveying consumer needs and trends and feedback to the marketing team / Directors accordingly. Deliver high operational standards whilst controlling costs.
• Researching markets to identify opportunities for events and growth; Actively identify and report key new business opportunities. Also work on the development of prospects, products and services.
• Make suggestions to drive growth, maximise sales and profitability and take the lead with customer experience strategies.
Team Management Duties:
• Conduct team recruitment, inductions and training for the appropriate number of employees.
• Ensure all training of is planned and ongoing in order to create a superior team.
• Issue staff with Contracts of Employment, Staff Handbooks and relevant paperwork.
• Carry out staff appraisals and reviews, providing career development and individualised opportunities.
• Carry out any disciplinary action that is necessary, in line with the requirements of our HR lawyers.
• Complete and maintain staff file documentation, ie, holiday request forms etc.
• Sign off, check and send staff time sheets to the payroll department.
• Conduct on-site daily walkthroughs to identify opportunities to increase sales and ensure all standards are being met.
• Report maintenance issues and be responsible for team training on fire, health and safety procedures.
• Ensure the team are deployed effectively to increase conversion and upselling / cross selling stock ie, one person to staff the bar constantly.
• Ensure stock is managed effectively to increase sales and reduce wastage and costs.
Be responsible for protecting profit, ensuring the team are engaging with customers to deter theft through service.
• The ability to network with businesses and organisations.
• Sales knowledge;
• Exceptional organisational skills and attention to detail;
• Strong time-management skills, plus the ability to work under pressure;
• Manage budgets;
• Handy-man attributes for maintenance upkeep.
• Adept at building and maintaining relationships with team members and external organisations alike. We want you to be able to care for our Ninjas, Games Master and F&B team by empowering and encouraging them each day.
• Be strategically minded with outstanding communication skills. It’s ok you knowing the plan but can you communicate this to a team and get their buy in?
• Be resilient with bounce back ability when things haven’t gone to plan.
We need our management team to be honest, authentic and transparent. There is not enough time to be working people out or second guessing. We need to know where we are with you in order that we are able to trust you in our business. You must be enthusiastic, innovative and passionate with a desire to succeed. It is imperative that our team look to you for inspiration and see you as a driving force. Being strategically minded with outstanding communication skills, is imperative to continuing our fun yet professional culture.
To apply, please email your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com